05 November 2009

What Happens in Vegas Should Probably Happen Every Day of My Life, but Minus the Vegas Part...

Due to the fact that I am really amazing and awesome, and husband + me = even more amazingness and awesomeness, we have to fly out-of-state to get together with friends. For Halloween we did just that. My best friend Holly and I have been planning to meet up in Vegas for some time now, and we finally did. I really, really, really hate Las Vegas (Every time we go there, we tell ourselves that we will never return, even though we've been there 7 times since we've been married), but it was a perfect half-way point for us.



We didn't have time to plan for costumes this year, so this is what we all came up with:

Fire Fighters:



Facebook:



and:



We ate (drank) my favorite dessert from Serendipity:



Loved in Elevators (Thank you Steven Tyler, you song has been in my head for 6 days now):



Showcased our Awesomeness:



Went to the Stratosphere and went on rides that made me decide that I wasted $50, and that rides not found at Disneyland are too scary and I hate them:



Took pictures that we thought were cool, but later realized they weren't:

Ate a lot of food at our favorite buffet, and later went into food comas:



Did I mention that my breakfast consisted of three glasses of water, two glasses of orange juice, an omelet with cheese, onions and ham, Eggs Benedict, a piece of bacon, four triangles of French toast with berries, a quesadilla with guacamole, sour cream and salsa, one chip (yes, one chip), a crepe with strawberries and bananas and chocolate, two cotton candies, and an ice cream cone? And yes, I also ate dinner that night.



I realized why I have gained so much weight since marriage, it's not because I eat cotton candy for breakfast, it's because I don't have Holly to cackle off the pounds with. Behold, this is why Holly is my best friend:



When the weekend was over, I literally cried in my bed...possibly with my blankie.



Holly and Ray, thanks for a much-needed, fun weekend that was full of drunk people, skanks, pranks, and laughs.

Oh and P.S., Holly, I figured out a little too late what we should have been for Halloween, Subtle Sexuality:

3 comments:

{alisse t} said...

YAY for friends & fun! It would be so fun to go on vacation with friends you feel comfortable enough with. :)

kemra said...

How fun! I have to say I'm a little jealous - I'm sure you guys had a BLAST! Oh - and I love, love, love this video! I may have peed the first time I saw it!

URFAVE5 said...

What a fun little trip! I have to admit I actually love Las Vegas. We don't go there too often (I think maybe 5 or 6 times in the last 16 years) but I do like to go and people watch and EAT and EAT and EAT! I'm glad that you guys had such a good time!

Love ya,
JoLynn

Post a Comment