16 July 2009

Suprises Are Happy

Back in April, a friend of mine from work (I work with her, and husband works with her husband) and I planned a surprise trip for our husbands to Las Vegas to see Blue Man Group (Which I highly recommend to all…pure amazement). Husband and I had our third anniversary back in June, so he and my friend’s husband decided to surprise us with a weekend cruise for our anniversary.



Our cruise went to Catalina Island and Ensenada, Mexico. We went to Catalina on our honeymoon, so it was fun to go back and take the same pictures we took three years ago. It was not fun to compare my three-year-ago body to my current body in the pictures.

June 2006:



June 2009:




June 2006:




June 2009:






June 2006:



June 2009:


June 2006:


June 2009:



On Catalina Island, we rented a golf cart and drove all over the island:







And went parasailing...so fun, but so scary. I had a melt-down up in the air. I made Mac sing me primary songs while I cried. When we returned back to the boat, mascara was streaming down my face:






Our cute little honeymoon hotel:



This old man was adorable, and Mac loved him:


Ensenada was...kind of an odd place for a cruise ship to go, but we liked it:






I loved the cute towel animals:


And playing Titanic with husband:


And our adorable waiter from El Salvador, Manuel:


And being with our friends, Matt and Adina:



And we kind of liked the food, not the best, though:





Turns out that husband is quite the karaoker. Not one, but two nights in a row:




What the skanks? So I'm sitting back, slouching in my chair, watching husband make a fool of him self, and the army of skanks walk up on the stage, whisper something in his ear, and start dancing with MY husband. I was about ready to walk up on the stage and beat them up.

I kind of loved feeling the boat rock, too. I know that is supposed to make you feel sea sick and vomit, but I liked sitting in the lounge and looking up to see the curtains rocking back and fourth:



I loved all of the cute/funny/nice/entertaining crew:



I loved the sunsets:




But hated going home:




Yay for vacations and suprises and happy places. Boo for reality.

Happy three years to us...

10 comments:

Casey Farr said...

Happy Anniversary you guys! I am so jealous, I'd love to go on a cruise with Dave! You guys look as in love as you did on your honeymoon! How fun to be able to have those before and after photos! I'd love to go back to Hawaii with Dave and do that! One day! Well, you lucky ducks, hope all is well, love you and miss you! :o)

Bekah Parker said...

Wow what a trip!! It looks amazing. I went to Catalina when I was like 12 and it was so fun and so pretty. What a great place to go on a honeymoon!

Saule Cogneur said...

THREE YEARS!!? Holy crap where does the time go. You guys look like you had a lot of fun! How exciting.

jasonbreannzaugg said...

kelly that looks so fun! what a sweet husband. i still really want to get together with you. let me know when a time is that works for you.

MeganandClaudy said...

Happy Anniversary! And amen to "boo to reality".

kemra said...

Happy 3rd, and Yay for Cruises! How sweet of Mac! It looks like you had fun - I totally want to go on a cruise! I hope you are doing well! I miss you!!!

Melissa said...

So for four years you're going to New York right? Btw, your trip is planned, it is the same as mine. Give me dates and I'll seriously do all the rest!

Rachel Williams said...

The years pass by SO fast! Looks like you two love birds are having a blast!

URFAVE5 said...

Happy Anniversary! It looks like you guys had a fabulous time. I have never been on a cruise and I've never been surprised with a trip by my hubby. Hmmm....after almost 17 years don't ya think he should surprise me and take me on a trip? And a cruise would be awesome!

I'm so glad that you guys are doing good!

Take Care,
JoLynn

Amelia and Elliott Smith said...

I LOVE how you did the then and now pictures! SO CUTE! It looks like you had a blast. I hate went vacations end. By the way I think you look great!

Post a Comment