18 December 2008

R.I.P. Boring Days of My LIfe

After 102 miserable days (that’s equal to 146,880 minutes and 29% of the year) of making music videos on Mac’s phone of my feet dancing, aimlessly perusing the web, playing on-line paper dolls and internet checkers, reading, watching episodes of Kath and Kim on Hulu over and over again, planning the life I would like to have, drawing pictures using Microsoft Paint, chatting with my African friends, substitute teaching bratty kids, annoying my husband with 50 phone calls at work each day, watching re-runs of Gilmore Girls on ABC Family at 11/10 Central, taking a few naps every day, being sneaky and making funny comments on Mac's notes for school, crying in my bed, watching Saved by The Bell on DVD (yes, I’m a loser and I own all four seasons)…

I will finally have a job, and I will begin January 6. It has been so long since I have been working, that now I am so nervous to start another new job. I am so grateful, though, and I am so happy that we will be adding another deposit to our pathetic bank account every two weeks.

Let’s hope that this time around, the company I work for will not:

A) Become corrupt causing me to quit
or
B) Go bankrupt due to a crappy economy and close down

Out of all this, I have learned that I could NEVER and will NEVER be, just a stay-at-home mom/housewife.

The End.

14 comments:

Craig and Lindsay said...

Oh my gosh, you are so freaking funny!! ha ha ha, I love you Kell! Hang in there!

Trent and Steph said...

Yay!!! That's so awesome, congratulations. What's the job?

Tyler and Karisa said...

Congrats on the new job! You crack me up and I just love reading your blog! :) Love you!

Gini said...

Congrats on the new job!!

I wouldn't rule out being a stay at home mom, it a hard job. Lots to do, and keep you busy!

Rachel Williams said...

Congrats on the new job. How's Mac doing on the job hunt? And I agree with Gini a stay at home mom's job is far from boring!

donelle said...

Yay for new jobs! Congrats, Kell! I've started the job hunt. I HATE it. I'm pretty sure there are over a million things that I would rather do than look for a job. At least I know that my job will be in teaching. The question now is WHERE?????

URFAVE5 said...

Kelly, Oh my goodness what a nice surprise to find a comment on our blog from you! It is so good to reconnect with you and it is so good to now be able to check in on you and see how you are doing and what you guys are up to.
Please do check in on us to we would love to keep in touch with you!
Congrats on the job! Good for you! Take care and have a very Happy Holiday!
Love ya always, JoLynn

melissa said...

Kelly! I am so happy to hear that you have a job to begin, such wonderful news! I am so happy to hear from you. You are such a beautiful and strong little lady! I look forward to keeping intouch.. thank goodness for blogs!

THE BROWN FAMILY said...

you crack me up and i am adding you to my contacts.

MeganandClaudy said...

Of course we're friends! I'm so glad that you like my blog-it's getting pretty ignored since I can only sneakily write at work cuz our computer broke...but we should def double date somtime...esp. if you guys are cool and already choose the same activities we do! :)

Emily Lauren said...

Congrats Kelly! How is the job going? Where are you working and what do you do? I hope you're enjoying it. It's always nice to have extra money coming in.

Emily Lauren said...

p.s. I remember thinking that too (I could never be a SAHM), and even asked my mom "What do you even do all day?". I thought I'd be so bored.
Seriously, it's amazing how busy it is to be a mom. We never even watch tv and the day speeds by. I do however, enjoy going to school some days too. I think perfect would be working 2 mornings a week and staying home the rest. That way you get a little time to yourself and you still are the one raising your kids.

Monroe Family said...

Congrats on the new job. I totally agree with you. I love working a little....I think I would go crazy if I never got out of the house. By the way, I agree we had some FUN TIMES together. I miss you too!! I hope one day soon we can see each other.

*Meg Larsen* said...

I always thought i would go crazy staying home all the time, but it's totally different with kids! Besides, socializing with the neighbor for 2 hours goes on the "productive" list as long as the kids are still alive at the end of the day...

Post a Comment