27 March 2008

Warning to all men: proceed with caution! Leave if you are easily offended!

So this is probably as personal as I will ever get on my blog, and quite frankly, a little disgusting: Today, I finally experienced "my time of the month," to put it nicely. For the past three months, I have been without what I normally consider to be a nuisance, but when I finally experienced it today, I had never been so happy. For the past three months, I had been wondering if I was pregnant. I have taken several pregnancy tests, but they were all negative. Sometimes pregnancy tests can be inaccurate, so I have a doctor's appointment set up for late April—that was the soonest my doctor could "fit me in."

Why was I so freaked out about my eggo being prego? Well, besides the fact that having a baby anytime in the next year is not in my plans, I will be out of the country for a little over a month this summer. To prepare, I have been taking typhoid pills, anti-malarial pills, and I have had my hepatitis A number 1 and hepatitis B number 3 vaccines, a tetanus vaccine, a polio vaccine, the HPV vaccine (and no, I do not plan on being promiscuous, I am just a control freak and I would rather be safe than sorry…you never know what could happen when you are in a foreign country), a meningococcal vaccine, and a rabies vaccine. After I received all these vaccines and had started taking my pills, I realized that if I was pregnant, my little baby would most likely turn out to be a little less than perfect. In addition, the probability of me getting some type of parasite or bacterial infection while I am gone is pretty likely, and pregnant women are not supposed to be sitting for longer than 4 hours, let alone going on 20 hour flights. So, thank goodness, I am not pregnant!

Oh yeah, I found a new job, too, in case anyone was wondering. I will be working as a medical assistant at one of Utah’s many treatment facilities—I swear, there is one on every corner here. I will be keeping my current job until I get incredibly sick of working in a Nazi camp, or they decide to shut down our office. We’ll see.

Oh, and here are some pictures that I have been meaning to post. A few weeks ago, my sister-in-law, Robyn, and her adorable girls were down in Utah visiting. We went to Mini's Cupcakes in Salt Lake and enjoyed delicious cupcakes. I have been wanting to go to Sprinkles Cupcakes in Los Angeles for sometime now, but every time I have tried to find it, I get lost. I was happy to discover that there are about 10 cupcake shops here in Utah. Fortunately, there is a new Sprinkles Cupcakes in Arizona, so I will be able to enjoy them there once we move. Ok, that's all. The end.






11 comments:

Lindsee said...

Looks like you had fun! and who's leg lamp?:)

donelle said...

HaHa...Kelly, you make me laugh! Let's play when I'm back in Utah!

Rachel said...

Congrats on the new job! Very cute pictures and fun to see Robyn's girls. Also, glad you didn't have an "opps baby." Sounds like the timing would've been bad.

Ali said...

Yep 3 kids i know you seem to be doing good it is always nice to see old faces.

heather said...

Okay...so isn't that the Japanese flag?? Is that the counrty, or is that fat red dot representing the period?? heeheehee. Urgh.

rigby ericksons said...

I'm glad to hear you have found a new job, Yeah!!! I was worried for you. I have a little bone to pick with you, one of those cute girls in the pics was mine!!! Robyn can't have all the credit for the cute girls in the family!:) I was sad we didn't get to see you guys while we were there that weekend. Maybe next time?

Tannis said...

Haha oh my gosh Kelly you are hilarious! Thanks for making my day just now.

kemra said...

I'm glad that you started - what a relief! You crack me up too! I"m glad that you found a new job too!

kemra said...

OK - i love all the pictures you have on the side of your blog - you guys are so cute, and you look so hot in all of them!

By the way - we still must be soul mates - cuz I think I have the same swim-suit as you! is it Layers? It looks better on you!

Rebekah May Parker said...

Hey I need your email so I can add you to my viewing list. My email is bekahmparker@gmail.com so email me! Thanks Kelly.

{alisse t} said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog- I didn't think people would actually read that! It was SO long! Once I get writing, I can't stop. That's so funny that you think the same way I do sometimes! But girl- you need to CHEER UP! You always seem so sad! I really don't hang out with anyone here- so don't think you living in Utah is keeping you away from some amazing, exciting life in Mesa. It's pretty boring here, too! :)
That's so hard if you don't have a fun ward. We don't hang out with anyone from our ward because I am too shy to ask people to play with us! I've found that if I break out of my comfort zone and ask people to come over & hang out with us, I don't feel like such a loser! But most of the time, I am! :)

Post a Comment