16 October 2007

Why I Love Seattle

We went to Seattle this past weekend for Mac’s 10 year high school reunion and it was for sure our most fun vacation since we have been married. My dad’s side of the family is all in Seattle so I visited a lot when I was younger. When I first met Mac he told me he was from Seattle, and I was so excited because I had family in Seattle, too. He asked where they were from, and I told him that I had cousins in Mountlake Terrace. It turns out that that’s the same city he grew up in. Weird! So he went to the same high school as some of my cousins. So we had his reunion this weekend—which we were in charge of planning—and we had a blast. Mac got to meet all my family from up there for the first time. I didn’t want to come home. My aunt and I both broke down in tears when it was time for us to go home.

Mac’s high school is a lot different than Mesa High. When I imagine what my ten year reunion might be like, I envision it being something like a ward activity or a fireside, where most attendees are LDS. Mac’s high school was way different. He was one of the few LDS people at his school. We had his reunion at a night club—my first time at a club. I felt like I needed to be wearing something that showed my boobs more or something—something like a tube top.





Everyone got a drink card good for one drink with their admission. When the girl came over to me and asked if I wanted anything to drink, I asked if they had Shirley Temples. She looked at me like she didn’t know what I was talking about and asked if I really wanted to use my drink card for that. Then Mac ordered a sprite. I wish I would have asked for chocolate milk or something, for humor purposes.

There was also this really hot bouncer that I had a minor crush on for the night. He looked something like this piece of meat(Taye Diggs):

I asked Mac if I could get my picture with him, and he said that I was being inappropriate as a wife. Then I asked if I could just take a picture of him and he said I was embarrassing him. Oops.

We be clubbin, but this picture is not Mac's best pose, but I like it because it shows the posh couches.


Here is a semi-normal one:


My husband and these two characters were voted "most spirited" in high school.


Look at these homies:



My grandpa gave me some of my grandma's old jewelry while we were there:



My personal favorite:



Why I love Seattle:
The diverse people like this guy:


And this guy:


The Pike Place Market:


Watching the guys at the market throw the fish:


This deli that we ate at, that makes it's own cheese:



And turns it into these two beuties:



Mmm...I love grilled cheese:


The Ocean:


Walking on the water front downtown:


The boats:


The trees:


My most favorite most funnest, craziest cousin, Lindsay:


My favorite, most adorable, Aunt Sue:


My cousins and other family:



That's why I love Seattle. I think I may just live there some day.

The End.

10 comments:

kemra said...

OK- you make me laugh so hard! If I was around a bouncer that looked like him I would want my picture with him too! Yum Yum! I'm glad you had fun. Dean has his 10 year reunion coming up, and I wish that it was in Seattle - I'm sure it will be some boring stuffy event with stuck up hot girls with their tan & surgically enhanced bodies - guess that's what you get when you marry a Torro!

I love your hair too - it is so cute - and you are hot! You have always been hot, but I think you have gotten even prettier this last year. What is your secret - pass it on please!

Alisse T said...

I'm so glad to see more recent pictures of you and Mac! Your trip looks so fun... and you are so cute!

heather said...

You are so stinkin' pretty!
My hubby had his 10 year this year too. It was like a ward activity (it was in Wyoming though?) Anyway, best part of the whole thing was when this kid (maybe 4 years old) drops his pants (around his ankles) and proceeds to pee in the middle of the field where the whole party was. It was so funny. I'm sure his mom was 10 shades of red, and maybe not.

I really want to go to Seattle someday.

Thanks for the post!

Kelli said...

Fun! That looks like an awesome trip. I think I really loved the guy w/ the hula hoops.

Monroe Family said...

You are the cutest girl ever!! I'm glad you guys had so much fun. I would love to go to Seattle

Cory & Kristyn said...

KELLY! Oh my goodness! How are you, and I guess your husband?? How fun I didn’t know you got married either. I cant believe it, guess what, I saw Neil a week ago at the mall, I haven’t really talked since… well forever, I didn’t even tell him I was getting married. You know how Neil kind of puts a damper on things! I wanted to ask if he still talked to you at all but by the way he looked I didn’t think he was talking to any girls. Oh did I say that? Well I am so happy for you! Your husband looks like a sweet guy, your so happy I love it. You have to keep in touch!! We’ll have to hang out when you come into town. For real we have to keep in touch!

Donelle said...

I love you guys! I'm sad cause it seems like forever since I've seen you! So glad your trip was fun. I'm going home to Mesa this weekend so when I get back we'll definitely have to get together and watch a little Gilmore Girls...I know that Mac just can't wait!

kemra said...

You are so good to remember - yes it is my bday! Which reminds me that I may be one of the worst friends ever - I didn't call/blog/email you on your bday (isn't it the 4th?) Sorry!

Cam and Mele said...

you made me want to go to Seattle!!! I always heard how depressing it was, way to be the only optimist!!!

Sally Jeppsen said...

Smelly Kelly, I miss you oh so much. You look awesome! I am going to Pheonix for Thanksgiving this year and i can't go to Pheonix without thinking about my favoirite Pheonixonian princess Kelly

Post a Comment